Benefits of Self Massage
When done regularly, you can:
- Improve your range of motion.
- Reduce soreness and help assist the tissue recovery process.
- Help the body relax overall.
- Improve sleep.
- Improve circulation.
- Release tension, knots and even stress.
If you feel sharp, shooting pain that doesn’t ease up while doing self massage at home, stop. This should not be painful, it should feel good and relaxing.
You’ll also want to avoid doing it if you’re on blood thinners or have the following:
- An underlying tumor.
- A metabolic condition.
- Open wounds.
- Weak/broken bones or fractures.
- Deep vein issues.